In the News
THE YOUNG EAGLES FIRST RIDE CONTEST
The YOUNG EAGLES FIRST RIDE CONTEST will award three children with a ride in an airplane. First place in the contest will receive a ride with Sean D. Tucker, A National Aviation Hall of Fame member and a performer for Team Oracle Airshows. Second and third place in the contest will receive a ride with Kent Pietsch, a professional stunt pilot and performer of the Jelly Belly Airshow.
To Be Eligible:
· You must be between the ages of 8 and 17 by June 25, 2015
· You have never flown in anything smaller than a commercial plane
· Write an essay no less than 100 words and no more than 300 words on one of the following themes:
1) What I imagine my first airplane ride will be like,
2) What this flight will mean to me.
· Be willing to be interviewed by various media formats for promotion of the air show
· Have a parent or guardian accompany you to the Minnesota Air Spectacular Show on Thursday, June 25 no later than 9:30 AM
· Parent/guardian must sign the standard Young Eagles waiver on the day of the flight.
All entries must be received by 5:00 PM, June 5, 2015.
Entries can be e-mailed to Jennifer.Cassman@blueearthcountymn.gov or mailed to:
Blue Earth County Library
100 East Main Street
Mankato, MN 56001
Other Ways to Receive a Young Eagles Ride:
1) All children who submit an essay in the contest will be eligible to receive a ride in a plane with the Mankato Chapter of the EAA, who will be hosting a Young Eagle Rally on July 11, 2015 at the Mankato Regional Airport.
2) Children who do not participate in the essay contest can also sign up with the Blue Earth County Library summer Reading Program and become eligible to receive a ride in a plane with the Mankato Chapter of the EAA, during the Young Eagle Rally on July 11, 2015 at the Mankato Regional Airport.
Contact Jennifer Cassman at the Blue Earth County Library for more information.
For more information about the EAA Young Eagle Program, please visit: www.eaa.org/youneaglesprogram